Are you enthusiastic about fashion and customer service? Then we want to work with you!
To apply, please email our store manager, Sara, with your resume and availability: email@example.com
Retail Sales Associate - State College, PA - Full-time/Part-time
Harpers is a 96 year-old omni-channel specialty retailer of men’s & women's clothing and accessories. In our mix of fine apparel from around the world, we also offer elevated Penn State apparel as we are serious about our love of Penn State! Established in 1926, Harpers is known for our unique collection of the latest fashion and timeless classics. We strive to offer apparel that is not only beautiful and memorable, but is well made with quality craftsmanship and kindness to the environment.
At Harpers, relationships with our customers and our team are the key to the success of our business. We are always looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about clothing and fashion and have a love of learning about the history and mission of all of our brands. We also pride ourselves on being nimble and open to change. We are open to individuals who can bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving organizational culture. We strive to provide consistent, exceptional customer service, while also having fun – it’s fashion after all!
- Specialty retail experience preferred.
- Outstanding sales results and record / track record required.
- Flexibility with scheduling to some degree – work may include evenings, weekends, and holidays, but we do our best to accommodate desired days and hours.
- Requires ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 20 pounds.
- Operating computer systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills
- Possess a strong drive, ambition, and passion for overall sales achievement and provide an exceptional brand experience.
- Communicate professionally and in a timely manner with customers, associates and corporate partners.
- Maximize individual performance by accepting direction, coaching and feedback.
- Participate in learning opportunities and store meetings.
- Complete projects as assigned including stock assignments and keeping the selling floor to standard.
Sales and Service:
- Demonstrate a high level of selling and customer service skills to achieve sales.
- Use Company tools to develop strong selling skills and reinforce the brand vision.
- Serve multiple customers at a time, multi-task and/or handle projects simultaneously.
- Assist the management team to build store business.
- Ensure exceptional selling interactions that guarantee meaningful experiences and build brand relationships.
- Maintain professional appearance that reflects the brand image.
- Stay apprised of industry-wide fashion trends
- Seek information about all new arrivals, including product knowledge about fit, color, fashion, etc.
- Use product knowledge and fashion expertise to create outfits for customers and suggest items to match their needs.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work required from our sales associates. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change without notice.
Harpers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law.